Thursday, February 26, 2009

Time to brag on my little "Love" and give a warning to my new mom friends

I decided two nights ago to start putting Adalyn in her crib. I figured we needed to do it at some point and I think the earlier the better for her sake....not for mine....I was a little sad!! : ) Anyway, two nights in a row, she has put herself to sleep in her crib, slept in the crib all night, and not eaten until the next morning....IS THIS THE NEW TREND?!?! Will she be easier to put down at night, sleep in her own room, and sleep a full 10 hours?!?! Way to go baby girl!!

On a side note, I decided to take the adorable bumpers out of her crib! The bumpers are seriously the cutest part of her bedding....here's the reason why: The first night she slept in her crib, I woke up at 1:30am and looked at the video monitor next to my bed. I couldn't see her face and knew that she probably had it smushed into her bumpers. This is what she does. She likes to turn her head and stretch it backwards until it touches something, and it helps her go to sleep! When I went in there, I was right! I could not even see her face because it was in the bumpers....this scared me pretty bad! I pulled her to the middle of the bed and put her passy in....she was fine. Yesterday, I went and bought breathable crib bumpers that are mesh like material. She can breathe through them if she puts her face up against them and they keep her from getting her arms and legs stuck between the rails.....

These don't fit perfectly in her crib, but I recommend these to anyone who is losing sleep at night worrying about their little one. I totally believe in God's protection and His will....however, I also believe that nighttime is Satan's domain and he will use it to scare us into no sleep!! And I need all the sleep I can get right now.

PRAISE GOD FOR CHILDREN! THEY ARE AMAZING GIFTS FROM HIM!!!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Wow, I've never heard of those mesh bumpers! You are an amazing Mom Candace! I'm so glad you are transitioning well into working again! I've been praying for you!