Saturday, July 26, 2008

Nursery

We have started to work on Hiccup Love's nursery. My parents are coming the first weekend of August with our crib, changing table/dresser, rocker, twin bed, and piano. My parents suggested we go ahead and paint before furniture was put into room, so we said "we are off on Friday, so we'll do it when we get back from Chicago!" Friday morning, we put on our grubbies and went to Home Depot. Still not knowing exactly what color we wanted to paint, we brought some of the bedding with us to help with the decision. Green, Yellow, or Mocha......these were our options. There is no brown in the bedding, but I picked the crib and changing table based on having mocha walls.....so, we found "light mocha." Kind of a pinky/browny, chocolate ice cream kind of color. The bedding is cream/pink toile, green, pink, yellow, and cream plaid, and cream, pink, green checked. .... The bed and changing table are almond with brown rubbed in, kind of shabby chic looking. I taped the edges of walls, and Josiah painted.....Unfortunately, I could not help much with the painting (fumes). Here are pictures of the room so far! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!! Next weekend, my mom and I will work on getting all of the bedding set up, and I will post more pics!!










Photobucket

10 comments:

Rach said...

It looks great!!! I can't wait to see it all finished! Let me know if you need help!

The Sotos said...

I think it turned out great! Very shabby chic! I want to see it in person!

Justin and Tiffany said...

love it!!!

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

I love it...can't wait to see it all finished!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go with the color! I am trying to picture the bedding and the furniture in there too and I am picturing a fabulous nursery! I can't wait to see it in person! The nesting has begun!!

Brian Sachitano said...

Nice Color! Thats so great that you're pregnant!

The King Family said...

I love the color! I need to paint the kids' rooms sometime this year. Don't overdo yourself-this is your time to be pampered :)

The King Family said...

Hey girl-you got my name as Dee Kay King on your link :)

Rach said...

Love the new header! So cute!

Deborah said...

love the color! How exciting!